In addition to its prosperous economy, Qatar is a popular destination for businesses, employees, and investors around the world. Qatar is known for having one of the highest GDPs per capita, attracting businessmen and job seekers alike. By way of Qatar work visas, the Qatari government facilitates employment in the country.
What is a Qatar Work Visa?
It allows foreign workers to work in Qatar and reside there. Qatar work visas are legal documents. Employees need both a work permit and residence permit to obtain a Qatar work visa. In Qatar, work visas last between a month and three months and are arranged by employers. In addition to arranging the visa and permit appointments for the employee, the employer acts as the local sponsor.
Qatar Work Visa Status Check 2023
On the Ministry of Interior (MOI) website, you can check the status of your Qatari residency visa approval:
- The Ministry of Interior website can be found here (Ministry of Interior).
- Click on ‘Visa Services
- Click on ‘Visa Inquiry & Printing
- The number on your visa or passport can be used to check
- The “nationality” and “verification code” must be entered.
- You can check your Work Visa status by clicking on the “Submit” button.
How to Apply For a Qatar Work Visa?
Workers/employees need to submit their documents only to their employers in order to apply for the Qatar work visa.
In order to apply for workers’ visas, employers need to follow these steps:
- Provide several documents, including a copy of their trade license, to the Immigration Department within the Ministry of Interior. Registration will result in a Representative Card and an Immigration Card.
- For each worker they want to hire, they must apply for a work permit. In addition to submitting the application in Arabic, the worker must disclose his or her job position and nationality. Following that, they will receive approval from the Ministry of Labour. When employees have received a work permit, they can travel to Qatar.
- The Ministry of Labour must receive the documents within seven days of the employees’ arrival to process the residence permit application.
In the event that the worker is issued a residence permit, he or she may only begin working for the company which issued the visa. The government may inspect employees and workers at any time, so it is advised that they carry their IDs and visas at all times.
A Ministry of Interior exit permit and employer approval are required before workers can leave the country.
Qatar Work Visa Required Documents
Qatari workers need a work permit and residence permit in order to apply for a work visa. A work permit application requires the following documents:
- Contracts of employment
- From the Ministry of Labour, a duly completed application form
- An employee’s health certificate
- 2 copies of the passport of the employee
- Certificates of education relevant to the job
- A copy of the employer’s immigration card
- Visas for employment
- Fingerprints are one type of biometric data
To obtain a residence permit, employees must provide the following documents:
- A valid passport
- An employee’s passport photograph and an employer’s passport photograph
- Visas for employment
- Commercial Registration of the company
- An immigration card for the business
- Certificate of medical fitness for an employee
Qatar Work Visa Age Limit
In the Qatar public sector, the retirement age is 60; however, in the private sector, the retirement age isn’t set. The age of 60, however, prevents expatriates from renewing visas or changing sponsors.
Qatar Work Visa Processing Time
The process of obtaining a work residency permit usually takes about two to four weeks for expatriates. Employers’ companies and the country of the employee’s nationality can sometimes make it take longer.
Qatar Work Visa Validity
There is a one-to-three-month validity period for Qatar work visas that includes work and residence permits.
Qatar Work Visa Cost
There has been some discussion about how expensive a Qatar work visa can be. Employers usually cover all associated costs, including the entry visa to Qatar and the conversion fee to a work residency permit (QAR 500).
Visa Fees for Qatar Employment Visa:
|Single entry Normal||90 days||90 days||18500.0|
|Single entry Normal||30 days||90 days||7500.0|
|Single entry Normal||30 days||90 days||5500.0|
Qatar 2-Year Work Visa Price for Indian
Work visas for Qatar are approximately 19,500 INR for Indian citizens, including both visas and residence permits. You can renew your work visa for an additional two months after it expires after 90 days. Processing time for work visas varies by employer, nationality, and employer’s company, but it normally takes two to three weeks.
How to Check Your Qatar Work Visa Status?
The MoI website allows you to check the validity of your visa. You can also check status from QatarVisa-Check.com
What are the Benefits of Having a Qatar Work Visa?
Employees will receive the following benefits after receiving their work residence permit:
- You can apply for permits and licenses as well as access to many other services.
- The ability to sign an agreement for rental accommodation.
- Application for a loan.
- Having the option of sponsoring their family members to live in Qatar with them.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Qatar work visa?
Foreign nationals can work and reside in Qatar with the help of a Qatar work visa. The Qatari government issues work permits and residence permits to foreign employees or workers.
Who is eligible for a Qatar work visa?
Qatar work visas are available to foreign employees employed by Qatari employers (either companies or individuals).
What documents are required to apply for a Qatar work visa?
In order to apply for a Qatari work visa, you will need the following documents: the employment contract, the Ministry of Labour application form, a medical certificate indicating the employee is healthy, a copy of the employee’s passport, two passport photographs, any relevant educational certificates, the employer’s immigration card, and the employment visa.
How much does a Qatar work visa cost for Indian citizens?
Work visas for Qatar are available for approximately 19,500 Indian rupees, which includes both the visa fee and the residence permit fee