A visa on arrival or an online visa is available to most foreign citizens who wish to visit Qatar. Other applicants may have to submit an application in person at a consulate or embassy. Any foreign visitor applying for a visa must submit a photograph of their identity in accordance with Qatari immigration authorities’ instructions. The nearest Qatari embassy or consulate representative in your country or region can tell you more about the requirements your visa photo must meet.
Qatar Visa Photo Requirements
An application requires a recent passport-sized photo of high quality. Several quality requirements should be met by the photo:
- Photo dimensions should be 30x40mm. It is recommended that the resolution be at least 720 pixels.
- Your face must be clearly visible, as well as the tops of your shoulders in the photo.
- The photo must contain 70% to 80% of your face.
- It is recommended that the file size does not exceed 2 MB.
Also Read: MOI Qatar Visa Check Online
- In order to be accepted, the photo must be in color.
- White or light grey backgrounds are required for the photo.
- There should be a good color balance in the photo, as well as natural flesh tones and no red eye.
- It is important for the background and your facial features to be in good contrast in the photo.
- Shadows and glare must not appear in the image or in the background.
- There should be no blurring in the photo. The image should be sharply focused and exposed correctly.
- There shouldn’t be too much light or too much darkness in the photo. Shadows, glare, or overlighting are not allowed.
- You must express yourself neutrally.
- No squinting, frowning, smiling, or other facial expressions are allowed.
- Make sure your eyes are open and your mouth is closed.
- Your eyes must not be covered by hair.
- It is important to center the head.
- Show your full face and look directly at the camera.
- Keep your head from tilting, turning, or rolling.
- It must be a recent photo that represents your current look and must be less than six months old.
- Sunglasses and tinted/colored glasses are not recommended.
- The photo must clearly show your eyes if you normally wear glasses.
Size and Format
You must have a photograph that is 35x45mm and covers 80% of your head and shoulders for your Qatar visa. To avoid appearing too far away or too close to the lens, you must also distance yourself from the camera at the appropriate distance.
You must take a clear, sharp, and high-quality photo for your Qatar visa so that all of your features are visible. Crease, tears, and scratches must not be present in your photos.
Keeping your head straight and looking forward towards the camera is essential for an acceptable Qatar visa photo. If your eye line of sight is pointing in another direction, you cannot look sideways, over your shoulder, or sideways. A selfie cannot also be submitted for your visa photo. As well as keeping your eyes and mouth closed, you must maintain a neutral facial expression.
Brightness and Background
There must be enough brightness in your Qatar visa photo so that all of your facial features can be seen, without overlapping shadows. You must have a white background, free of objects, and without patterns or designs in your Qatar visa photo.
Headwear and Accessories
It is not permitted to wear headwear unless it is for medical or religious reasons. A headwear item can be anything from a hat to sunglasses to a hairband. In addition, if you wear eyeglasses (for medical reasons), you must ensure that the frames do not cover your eyes. In addition, your hair must be tied back or kept away from your face so that it doesn’t cover your ears or eyes.
How Do I Take a Visa Photo for Qatar?
One of the following methods can be used to take a visa photo for Qatar:
- At home
With a camera or similar device and a background to set up, you can take your picture at home. When it comes to editing your photos, you may use online websites and tools to resize them, but you must not use any other editing software or tools, particularly if you intend to change your appearance heavily.
- At studio
Studio offers professional photography by professional photographers. Most embassies, consulates, and visa centers have professional studios that take visa photos.
Qatar Visa Photo for Children
A picture of your children must also be taken to qualify them for a Qatar visa if you are taking them with you. Some requirements are less strict for very young children, such as toddlers who do not need to keep their mouths closed and their heads straight. If there is nothing in the photo or the background that interferes with the photo, you can use any object to distract them; pacifiers or dummies are fine.
How To Submit a Qatar Visa Photo?
Qatar visa applications require a photo to be submitted either stapled inside the application form or loose with the rest of the documents. Your application may be subject to different requirements based on the embassy you submit it to. Your photo must be uploaded in one of the following formats if you are eligible for an online visa:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the required photo size for a Qatar visa?
You must upload a photo with a height and width of 4.5 cm and 3.5 cm, respectively.
Can the photo be in black and white?
There must be color in the photo.
What should be the head position in the photo?
It is important to keep the head straight at all times.
Are there any requirements for the quality of the photo?
Ensure the photo is clear, focused, and of high quality so you can see all of your features clearly. A crease, smudge, or tear must not be present.
What is the resolution requirement for the photo?
It is required that the photo has at least 600 dots per inch of resolution.
What is the size of the photo in inches?
1.7 x 1.3 inches is the recommended size for the photo.
To conclude, if you are applying for a Qatar visa, you should ensure that your photo meets the specified requirements. In the photo, you should fill the frame with 80% of your head and shoulders, and the size should be 4.5 cm high by 3.5 cm wide. You must have a color photo, one that is clear and focused, and one that is free of creases, smudges, or tears. 1.7 x 1.3 inches is the recommended size for the photo, with a resolution of at least 600 dpi. Visafoto.com, an online tool that helps you take photos that meet these requirements, can provide you with tips on how to do so.